The Flu vaccine has arrived and we are ready to begin administering the vaccine to our patients. In order to keep everyone safe and maintain proper social distancing our procedures for flu vaccine administration have changed. Please read the new policy in its entirety to prevent any unnecessary and frustrating trips to our office.
All of our doctors strongly recommend that all children 6 months and older receive the yearly influenza vaccination.
Flu Vaccine Administration Policy:
- There will be no walk-ins for flu shots. All shots must be scheduled.
- Appointments may be scheduled by phone.
- Through the month of September, flu shot appointments will be available on Monday to Thursday from 5:00-6:00 pm, Saturday from 8:30-9:30 am, and Sunday from 9:00-10:00 am. There will be no sick patients in the office at this time. Flu shots will continue in October but the time slots may change.
- Weekend flu clinics will be scheduled in October and November. Appointments will be required. Further details to follow.
- Flu shots can be given during regular checkups from now until January 2021. (Once the check –up appointment is made there is nothing further you need to do.)
- Up to 2 additional siblings can be scheduled for a flu shot at the time of a check-up. Unfortunately, there will be a limit of 2 siblings at this time.
- If your child is ill (fever, cough, fatigue) please delay the flu shot visit until he/she improves.
- Anyone with a known exposure to COVID-19 should wait 2 weeks before getting their flu shot.
- Please make sure all insurance information is up to date prior to your visit to smooth the process in the office.
- There are plenty of flu shots available.
We ask your cooperation as we provide the influenza vaccine to you in the safest manner. Please be patient and respectful as this process occurs.
Drs. Finkelstein, Cardin, Wandishin, George and Mayer